FGi is seeking a Safety Program Coordinator in Podgorica, Montenegro for an upcoming 1-year project (with 2 year extension option) for an upcoming construction project and this position holder will be working under the project team, the Safety Program Coordinator provides professional expertise and guidance relating to site safety and health issues during all phases of construction, working with the Contractor’s Safety & Health Officer and sub-officers assuring that the Construction Accident Prevention Plan (CAPP) and the Piano della Sicurezza (PSC) are being observed and put into practice in addition: observations during all phases of construction during site development, excavation, foundation, superstructure, exterior walls, mechanical and electrical systems, and interior finish work for the construction project. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with a host country construction safety and health regulations and will work as a team member within the project office.
Working days: Monday through Friday
Working hours: eight (8) hours work day
- Inspects and assesses onsite safety programs to ensure all safety and health requirements are being properly implemented.
- Reviews the contractor's injury and illness prevention program; recommends modifications as required.
- Conducts regular safety inspection of facilities, equipment, work practices, and safety devices to ensure compliance with workplace safety standards and regulations; recommends and monitor changes as required; where necessary stops all construction work to address imminent hazards.
- Ensures the effectiveness of emergency evacuation plans in case of fire or other emergencies.
- Ensures qualified personnel are in place to conduct sanitation and health inspection of food service and other facilities.
- Serves as a main POC with local and government health and safety officials in performance of duties. Other duties as assigned by the Project Director/Construction Manager.
- Prepares periodic and annual reports; maintains proper documentation to conform with record-keeping requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). Overall responsible of OSHA records of the NCC and safeguarding information into the safety database.
- Investigates incidents of injury or property damage at worksites to ascertain causes, recommend corrective actions; coordinates the compilation of information necessary for risk management files and reports.
- Establishes standards and develops site specific controls or work processes to minimize hazards and maintain consistency with safety policy; disseminates information as appropriate.
- Assists project office in developing safety manuals and recordkeeping requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: University degree in safety management, occupational health and safety, environmental safety, construction, engineering, or architecture is required.
- - Must also be in possession of a specific safety course certificate organized by the regions, through the technical structures operating in the prevention and professional training, or by ISPESI, INAIL, the Italian Institute of Social Medicine, professional associations of employers and workers or joint bodies set up in the building sector.
- Prior Work Experience: Five years in construction with experience in occupational safety or industrial hygiene is required.
- Post Entry Training: PA585 Management Oversight of Construction Safety and Occupational Health Programs.
- Language Proficiency: English level III (Good Working Knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
- Job Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of construction safety management principles, practices and procedures. Principles and practices of evaluating and implementing safety programs. Knowledge of the local codes of electrical, mechanical, structural. Knowledge of local construction policies and local labor laws. Specialized knowledge in construction health, safety requirements including accident prevention, laws, and regulations applicable to employee safety and occupational health, occupational health and loss prevention programs, industrial safety practices, methods of assessing safety hazards and controls, an techniques for conducting accident investigations.