( 10137 )
SIRO Boka Place is more than a hotel – it’s a movement; a global lifestyle brand where world-class wellbeing meets exceptional hospitality – through a combination of state-of-the-art fitness, nutrition, sleep, recovery, and mindfulness facilities in purpose-designed destination hotels. Our hotels empower guests to unlock peak mental and physical performance, no matter who they are, or what they’re striving to achieve. We realise exceptional, immersive lifestyle destinations where you can live without compromise.
Nestled between pristine blue Adriatic waters and mountains of conserved greenery, SIRO Boka Place, Montenegro offers coastal city charm and boundless opportunity. Unlock your potential and embark on a new adventure as part of a community passionate about fitness and wellbeing.
About The Role
The Director Wellness leads the Fitness and Recovery Facility of SIRO Boka Place, maximizing financial results and guest satisfaction and fully utilizing all opportunities. Through active management and oversight ensures that the highest standards of personal training, group exercise classes and treatment services are adhered to and that the guest and member experience exceeds expectations. Works closely with the General Manager in establishing and maintaining marketing objectives, operating criteria, programming, budgeting, VIP guest visits, colleague relations and training programs. While promoting the overall philosophy and services together with our guests and members to unlock and achieve their goals, curates a journey dedicated to guest needs, delivering not only rewarding experiences in the short term, but also long-lasting, sustainable success to reinforce the reputation and profile of SIRO for providing an immersive lifestyle destination.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the overall management and performance of the Fitness and Recovery facility, ensuring high standards of professionalism, customer service and maximum financial performance.
- To be responsible for the quality of service, and maintenance of the product at the fitness facilities in line with company Operating Standards. Actively create and develop new innovative classes and programs that support the brand and monitor attendance.
- To prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for the General Manager, incorporating proposals and recommendations regarding policy and operation at the fitness facilities, competition, occupancy and usage, market share and achievement of targets, and ensure any reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- To establish and ensure a cost-effective wage structure based on productivity and efficiency, and counter check the freelance and colleague commission as applicable.
- To develop and submit an annual budget and business plan for the wellness facilities, in conjunction with the General Manager, and accountable for achieving the annual budget, acting when a shortfall is expected and actively monitoring expenses.
- To liaise with Sales & Marketing in the preparation and development of marketing plans for the year. To coordinate all promotional plans and projects for the facility. To lead the planning and implementation of marketing activities within the Fitness and Recovery facilities, with support from the Resort.
- To provide leadership, direction, and support to the employees at the fitness facility to develop a highly motivated team that can deliver high standards of service in all areas.
- To effectively integrate the fitness and recovery facilities within the Resort’s Marketing Strategy and to ensure ongoing representation of the fitness facilities, both internally and externally,
- To develop an annual training plan for the Fitness and Recovery facilities, in conjunction with the Training Department and ensure that all employees are trained and developed to meet the needs of the business and oversee that the training plan effectively addresses any inconsistencies of employees’ level of knowledge, attitude, or skills, and is thus adjusted as needed.
- To monitor standards of performance and member satisfaction, introduce measures to ensure the highest standards of quality and service, and take corrective action when required.
- To conduct regular daily inspections of the facilities to monitor ambience, maintenance, cleanliness, health and safety, colleague performance and security. Ensure all fixed assets are well maintained and maintenance work is professionally completed in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually and well groomed, excellent communication and working relationships are maintained and contribute to team spirit.
- To ensure colleague annual vacation and public holidays are scheduled during slack operation periods and that these annual leave periods are staggered so as not to affect the operation.
- To oversee the monthly inventories of products, stock, and linen, and track all product orders including purchase and general stores.
- To ensures to achieve guest Satisfaction scores/comments and follow up on action plan for corrective matters and or areas of improvement. This applies similarly to the Employee Engagement Survey, measured monthly.
- To handle any guest complaint in a professional manner and show initiative to make such decisions that achieve instant guest satisfaction whenever possible.
- To ensure that all trainer and therapist certifications and accreditations are current and as per company and/or local requirements.
- To oversee and work together with external services companies as applicable to develop the Destination Experiences, evaluating performance and guest satisfaction, acting on shortfalls, and recommending new partners to refresh the offering on a regular basis.
- To meet and greet guests, when possible, especially if guest is listed as VIP.
- To comply with all reasonable requests of the General Manager in a timely fashion.
- Stays updated with developments in the Wellness Industry.
- Through training and clear communication of information, ensures all colleagues throughout the Hotel actively promote and sell the facilities and services, products, and activities.
- To ensure the team maintains the cleanliness and hygiene of all facilities areas, in accordance with the Health, Safety and Hygiene Legislation.
- To delegate responsibilities to colleagues yet ensure tasks are completed.
- To ensure channels of communication are respected, and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- To ensure that the company standards, policies, and procedures are being upheld as outlined.
- To attend all training carried out by the Training Department or external parties, as required.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Fluent in English written and spoken, other languages a distinctive advantage.
- Previous experience as Wellness (Fitness or Spa) Manager in 5 Star boutique club or international hotel for a minimum of 2 years.
- Educated to level of Internationally recognized advanced / higher graduate diploma / bachelor’s degree / Post Graduate Diploma.
- Proven skills and experience in sales and achieving established sales and revenue targets, developing innovative retail merchandising, and retail product evaluation and selection.
- Strong and proven ability to coach and motivate colleague to achieve sales and service goals, build clientele, monitor productivity goals, and evaluate results.
- To have an outstanding customer service skills and a welcoming and sociable personality
- Attention to detail and aptitude to maintain a very hygienic environment.
- Skills in managing and processing software such as: Mindbody required.
- Detail-oriented and have the skills to manage in accordance with standard operating procedures relating to service, training, inventory, and payroll.
- Experience in handling crucial situations with guests and colleagues effectively.
- Managing colleague performance issues quickly and effectively.
- Possesses a positive attitude, superior interpersonal skills, and strong leadership.
- Flexible schedule, available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when required, and able to schedule own working hours according to business needs.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.