NIKA is hiring for a Architect
to provide support services to the U.S. New Embassy Compound (NEC) in Podgorica, Montenegro!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to operate and manage their real property. Our operations management, engineering, and project management services provide our customers with the value and expertise to ensure operational readiness for complex and mission-critical facilities.Job Duties And Responsibilities
- The Architect is responsible for construction inspection, reviewing of plans, recommending approval of shop drawings and submittals, maintaining a daily log of construction activities, developing change orders including preparation of cost estimates, and other construction architectural duties for the New Embassy Compound (NEC) Podgorica.
- The Architect must be capable of working independently and provide professional architectural services in support of the project.
- Observes the execution of construction to assure adherence to approved shop drawings and specifications including inspection of construction workmanship, materials, methods, and equipment.
- Notifies the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM) of potential conflicts in the design and non-conformity with the contract documents.
- Makes recommendations to the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM) on how to correct deficiencies and resolve problems during construction.
- Maintains daily construction surveillance logs while ensuring contractor’s compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract between the construction contractor and the Government.
- Responsible for assuring that all construction work in his/her technical area of expertise is carried out in a safe and coordinated manner.
- Reviews and analyzes the contractor’s change order proposals and substitution requests of services, equipment, and materials for cost and schedule impacts, and makes recommendations to the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM) concerning compliance with the design intent of the contract documents.
- Reviews architectural drawings, technical specifications, and prepares independent government cost estimates for construction change orders or to support U.S. installed equipment.
- Prepares costs of alternatives to design and specifications when requested by the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM).
- Reviews and analyzes material samples, catalogs and brochures, shop drawings, installation manuals, and other technical documents submitted by the construction contractor for conformity with construction contract requirements.
- Prepare written reports of the analysis, incorporating comments, and provide recommendations and alternatives for appropriate action to the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM).
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings held by the construction contractor and/or OBO (e.g., QC meetings, pre-installation meetings, safety meetings, and other job site meetings as requested).
- Identifies architectural constructability concerns in the construction documents and non-compliant architectural works as observed on site.
- Reviews and evaluates construction details and data provided by the contractor and advises the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM) on the technical adequacy of the contractor’s submittals.
- Drafts plans and details to address constructability and/or design concerns using Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) software. Reviews the contractor’s records to ensure that an accurate record of as-built conditions is being maintained.
- Identify and provide early notification of potential schedule slippages regarding the architectural construction activities.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and other reports of the progress of construction as required by the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM).
- Prepares entries for the project daily log and reports; must provide digital photographic records to support reports.
- Reviews monthly pay applications related to architectural construction activities and provides evaluation to Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM).
- Reviews any proposals for changes in construction or methods for time implications and submits recommendations to the Project Director (PD)/Construction Manager (CM) including recommending the amount of time extensions that are justified by the change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the field of architecture related to building construction and renovations is required.
- Post Entry Training: On-the-job training on U.S. Civil Codes, OBO-specific reporting and oversight methodologies and requirements. Smith System training.
- Language Proficiency: English level III (Good Working Knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
- Must have knowledge of U.S. building codes and specifications including an understanding of DOS/OBO construction regulations and guidelines, OBO commissioning, and construction guidebook.
- Knowledge of local building and construction codes, architectural laws, codes, and permits applicable to local construction environment, local safety and security rules.
- Must be familiar with the local government structures, jurisdictions, key persons, processes to guarantee effective authorizations and related engagement.
- Professional knowledge in the field of architectural principles, practices and technical perspectives, as well as thorough professional knowledge in project management.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet Research.
- Professional skills and experience using construction management software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Ability to create architectural cost estimates and review construction drawings for code compliance.
- Must be able to lift items up to 35 pounds.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.