NIKA is hiring for a Project Controls Engineer
to provide support services to the U.S. New Embassy Compound (NEC) in Podgorica, Montenegro!!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to operate and manage their real property. Our operations management, engineering, and project management services provide our customers with the value and expertise to ensure operational readiness for complex and mission-critical facilities.Job Duties And Responsibilities
- The Project Controls Engineer shall be responsible for advising the Project Director on construction contract administration matters including construction schedule reviews and evaluations; running reports and sorts to determine schedule status, development of independent government cost estimates (IGE), creation of construction inspection reports for all disciplines, management of construction submittals; preparation of daily construction logs, weekly activity reports, schedule assessments, documenting safety incidents, non-conformance reports, and monthly reports to OBO headquarters; and other construction engineering duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently with U.S. based consultants on construction engineering services.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the general contractual and detailed requirements of the construction contract.
- Observe execution of the construction to assure adherence to the approved shop drawings and specifications, inspect construction workmanship, materials, methods, and equipment and report to the OBO Project Director/Construction Manager as to their conformity to the approved project documents.
- Review project schedules based on review of Primavera scheduling submissions.
- Identify and provide early notification of potential schedule slippage.
- Conduct risk assessments for the project. Work independently and maintain the project’s daily surveillance logs while ensuring contractor’s compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Responsible for assuring that all construction work across all engineering disciplines is carried out in a safe and secure manner.
- Manage project information flow between OBO, technical consultants, and contractor to ensure that all project communications are timely, accurate and well documented. Provide professional engineering services and expertise in the review, analysis, and drafting of project documentation to include schedules, meeting minutes, technical submittals, requests for information, and correspondence.
- Monitor progress and conduct onsite inspections of works and material deliveries to the project to ensure that work is conducted according to contract documents and sound professional engineering principles and practices and meets applicable engineering design and construction standards.
- Liaise with the architects, architectural consultants and main points of contacts with Milan Consulate and offices in the Rome Embassy for facilities and historic structures.
- Provide translations from and interact with local government officials of offices with the city building inspector and other representatives of local and regional offices.
- Make recommendations to the OBO PD on how to correct deficiencies and resolve problems during construction.
- Develop and monitor progress of the building commissioning and end phase close out plans. Coordinate activities of all parties to ensure that commissioning and move-in occur on schedule.
- Coordinate building systems training schedules and inspections with Post Facility Management.
- Establish and maintain all the OBO engineering logs to track submittals, requests for information, contract modifications and project funds.
- Prepare engineering drawings and technical evaluations for submittals and change orders.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and other reports of construction progress and letters of correspondence as requested. Review and validate monthly payment applications, design consultants and other consultants’ monthly invoices, scheduling consultant, director of works consultant. Extract value added tax review reimbursement figures for the contractor submitted value added tax (VAT) exemptions and receipts submitted.
- Establish weekly and monthly meetings for the OBO project office. Attend and coordinate weekly meetings with the contractor and other consultants.
- Other duties as assigned by the OBO Project Director.
- Bachelor or Bachelor of Science in Engineering (any engineering field or architectural field is acceptable) from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years working in the design and construction industry and the area of expertise.
- Post Entry Training: On-the-job training on U.S. Civil Codes, OBO-specific reporting and oversight methodologies and requirements.
- Language Proficiency: English level III (Good Working Knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Primavera scheduling and the preparation of drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in Primavera P3, Microsoft Office Suite, ability to review drawings in AutoCAD Revit is an advantage and knowledge of building information modelling (BIM).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and explain effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.