We are looking to employ anexperienced Waiter/Waitress who assists patrons by noting their order, serving tables as requested, and preparing bills at the end of patrons stay.
Role: Waiters are also responsible for asking customers if they are satisfied with their order and providing any assistance should the customer not be satisfied.
To be successful as a waiter you must have the endurance to stand for long hours and have patience with difficult customers. A good waiter anticipates the needs of customers and provides all services in a friendly manner.
- Greet customers and hand out menus.
- Take orders from customers and place these orders in the kitchen.
- Make menu recommendations and inform patrons of any specials.
- Deliver orders to tables when they have been prepared.
- Check that customers are satisfied with their meal.
- Prepare the bill for tables when requested.
- Cash up bills and ensure that the correct amount has been paid.
- Administer change to tables if needed.
- Serving orders in a professional manner with high levels of customer service
- Setting and cleaning tables and service areas
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Escorting customers to their tables
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and methods
- Informing customers of daily specials.
- Removing dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning
- Stocking service areas with supplies
- Endurance to walk and stand for long hours.
- Previous experience as a waiter/waitress
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to remain calm and professional with difficult customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Coordination to carry plates or trays without dropping anything.
Even better if you have/are: An ideal Waiter/Waitress candidate may have experience working in upscale or fine restaurants, clubs as well as experience in wine service, sommelier training, or other related areas. You may also have a degree or certification in hospitality or restaurant management. A passion for food and wine, as well as a dedication to providing a seamless and exceptional dining experience, is highly desirable.
What we are looking for: We are looking for a highly experienced and professional Waiter/waitress with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a restaurant, club or equivalent establishment. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a thorough understanding of food and wine, menu items, and restaurant procedures. You should also have experience providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment.
What are the benefits offered by Salon Privé?
- Opportunity to work with a highly experienced and diverse team;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexibility on the form of the contract (employment contract or freelancing);
- Opportunity for professional growth;
- Bonus structure;
- Equal Opportunity.